Wednesday 13 March 2013

It's been a While!

Hey folks! Sorry it's taken me so long to come back.  You're always welcome at gracie's place, even if I'm not here :)  It's been a busy week so far at work which should explain my absence.  If you don't go for that excuse, well, I don't have another, so it'll have to do!

Last weekend (and man, I meant to post this before now) I was one busy girl.  Some background: I work in a kitchen.  All day, every day, with food.  Lots of food.  Cookies, sandwiches, pies, salads, catering trays, baked goods....and produce.  We sell produce, too.  So, you'd think, that when I have 3 days off..yes, count 'em...3!... the last thing I'd want to do is be in my kitchen.  True at the end of most days.  But you see, Friday was my first day off.  And typically, that is a work day.  So after checking my various social media websites for the latest in everything I started to bake. 

And this is what I came out with...

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread...YUM!
And while that was baking, I did this...

White Bread...YUM!

 
And after that? Well, how could I not bake these??...

                                                  the best Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER..YUM!
 
Three dozen cookies, 5 loaves of bread and a banana loaf.  The only thing left is the loaf and the bread.  The cookies were gone by Monday! Can you say...sweet teeth?? Not just me, though I do..admittedly...the Other Two were in on the munching too.  Oh well, that's what they're for, right?!
 
And I know you're going to ask what I did for the other 2 days I had off. 
 
Let me just say that I didn't spend them at my stove. 
 
Hope your week (March Break! ACK!) is going well, and that your baking lasts longer than mine!
                                                                         

2 comments:

  1. How do you pull all that off??
    Can't wait to come home. I think I'll just sit there with my mouth open at the foot of your stove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It's easy to do when I don't have 2 little ones at my feet :) See you when you get here! And maybe I'll show you my secrets...or not!

      Delete